Ennis Chamber of Commerce
The Ennis Area Chamber of Commerce is an organization of business people who endeavor to serve the needs of our community by building a viable economy and promoting our quality of life for the benefit of visitors and residents alike.
• Development and updates to the Chamber website
• Operation of the Visitor's Information Center
• Publication of the Ennis Tourism Brochure
• 4th of July Fireworks sale
• Monthly member "Business after Hours" for networking and informational presentations.
• Production and distribution of monthly information e-newsletter
• Tap Into Ennis - Brew & Spirit Festival
• 4th of July Parade
• Hunter's Feed & Wild Game Cook-off
• Main Street lighted Christmas decorations
• Chamber of Commerce Scholarship program
• Christmas Stroll
• Ennis Tourism Brochure – display ads
• Chamber Website Listing and pop-up ads
• Window Display – Visitor's Information Center
• Main Street Banner program
The majority of funding for these activities comes from member dues.
The Chamber is governed by a 12-member elected board serving three-year terms and representing a variety of local businesses. The Executive Board includes a President, Vice President, and Treasurer. The Chamber employs an Executive Director to coordinate membership, activities and manage the Visitor's Information Center. The Board sets policy for the organization and divides the responsibilities into committees as follows:
• Activities Committee:
Serves as a liaison to the 4th of July Parade Committee. Coordinates support for all Chamber sponsored and supported events.
John Way - President (The Tackle Shop)
Amanda Nelsen - Treasurer (Agency Insurance)
Bill Mercer (RE/Max Mountain Property)
Russ Whitacre (Ennis Lions Club)
Ron Gay (3 Rivers Communications & ERA Landmark)
K Mita (Braggin' Rights Guns)
Shanna Swanson (Shanna Mae Photography)
Danica Lewis (Willie's Distillery)
Call the Chamber Office at 406-682-4388 for more information.